About The Advocates in Action Council
JDRF Advocates have had an incredible impact on moving the ball forward for the T1D community. Advocates have secured billions in Federal funding for T1D research, influenced policy decisions to benefit people with T1D, and much more. Members of the AAC will take a leadership role in continuing this important work.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Joining monthly AAC calls
- Partnering with local Advocacy leaders to support existing or establish a new Advocacy Committee
- Supporting local JDRF Advocate recruitment efforts
- Participating in national Advocacy initiatives, like Promise to Remember Me campaign and New Member Outreach Initiative meetings
- Amplifying JDRF Advocacy messaging on social media and helping create content
- Mentoring local youths in JDRF Advocacy
- Spreading awareness of the AAC and recruiting new members
- Completing a local annual community service project in tandem with AAC members around the country
Interested? Get involved
The application for JDRF’s Advocates in Action Council is now closed – thanks to all who applied! Applications are currently being reviewed by the AAC Leadership Team and selected council members will be notified in January. Stay tuned!
For questions about the Advocates in Action Council, please email email@example.com.